Moving House is tough and takes a lot of time. Hiring a company, packing, and getting your new home ready, together with your day to day matters, all add up for a stressful moment in your life. Luckily, there are some things you can do to help alleviate this stress or take control of the chaos of your big day.
A list of all the things you need to get done when moving house will really help you visualise the tasks in the buildup to moving. These include notifying all the necessary people, arranging for your children or pets to be looked after, and packing.
- Plan well in advance. The better your planning the easier your moving day will be. It's a good idea to avoid Bank Holidays or Fridays - thats usually when we're at our busiest. Instead try for a Tuesday or Wednesday moving date.
- Create a moving checklist. A list of all the things you need to get done will really help you visualise the tasks in the buildup to moving. These include notifying all the necessary people, arranging for your children or pets to be looked after, and packing.
- Get in touch with A-Z Moving and Storage. We can guide you through all your needs for moving house, helping make it a smooth and stress free experience.
- Declutter. Taking stock of all of your belongings and getting rid of things you will not need goes a long way when moving house. Not only will it save money by lowering removal costs, it will significantly reduce your packing time.
- Allocate plenty of time. Make sure you have enough time to complete the items on your checklist. With packing, start early and with things that you will not need immediately. Since it is incredibly time-consuming, consider hiring professional packing services from your removal company.
- Label everything. Label all boxes with its contents and the room on the top and side. This way you are able to read the labels once you stack them on top of each other. Also, colour code boxes and bags with each room in your new home so you and the movers will know exactly where to unload your belongings.
- Pack a survival pack/box. Nothing is worse than having to spend your first few days at your new home without the essentials so pack a box including anything from cutlery, bin bags, water, tea bags, box cutters, and toilet paper – anything to make your new home liveable.
- Create a documents folder. Keep all important documents in a clearly-designated place where you will not lose them, along with digital copies. These include passports, insurance papers, housing and financial documents, medical records, and moving documents.
- Notify others. As the big day draws nearer, you must also inform the DVLA, HMRC, TV Licensing, banks, building societies and credit and store cards companies of your move to a new address, and of course the utilities - gas, electricity, water, phone, broadband and TV or on-demand subscription.
- Final preparations. With just days to go include making arrangements for pets to be looked after, defrosting the fridge and freezer, rounding up keys to the house and making an inventory of everything that is moving with you.
- Relaxing activities. In the midst of your move, it may seem as if you have no time for anything other than things related to your move. However, it is important to have some time to relax! Go out for a special meal to celebrate your move or take a walk around your new area so you can meet your new neighbours. Ask them for advice, helping with the transition to your new surroundings.
Moving House with A-Z House Removals
- Good honest reviews.
- Family run Ltd Company.
- Nice calm well mannered staff to take your call and listen to your needs.
- Members of Checkatrade.
- Well known and established Removal Company.
- Almost 20 years experience.
- Smart trained uniformed Staff.
- We own and operate our storage facility (no second parties involved to cause you potential complications).
Call: 0191 653 1990 or 0785 985 1598